Although WordPress is the most popular blogging platform for creating a self-hosted blog, if you are looking for a good blogging platform to host a free blog and express yourself, nothing works better than Blogspot. Is. Blogspot is the most popular blogging platform online. Owned by Google, this blogging platform provides everything you need whether it is for your personal or business use.
Whether you just want to express your thoughts and share them with the world, or you want to build a business blog platform, Blogspot provides the tools to get started. Getting started is easy because all you have to do is sign up for a Google Account. Once you have completed this process, all you have to do is sign in to the Blogger platform and get started.
Installation is simple, and it only takes a few minutes to get started. You start by setting up your blog. You will choose a name, as well as a URL, for your blog. If you’re using it for business, you’ll want to choose something that includes keywords for your topic. Choose a good, easy-to-read theme. You can always go back later and change your theme or even design your own as this site uses a page template for the theme. Buy a domain and point it at your new site to make it look more professional.
After you complete your setup, you can consider signing up for Google AdSense. This is one way you can monetize your blog. There are many others like affiliate programs as well as your own products and services. Monetization is only part of the equation though. You might also want to add some tweaks.
There are many services on the Internet available to help you with this, and all it requires is that you copy and paste a bit of code onto your site. Make sure you add social buttons. You want to allow others to bookmark your content, as well as connect with you on the most popular social sites. This will help your traffic, and you will connect with people who are interested in what you sell.
Don’t forget to include the subscription box. Some will want to read your content by email instead of RSS. If you want to accommodate your visitors, give them away to keep coming back.
The next step is to plan your content. You can write a variety of content for your blog including product reviews, articles, tutorials, and video content. You can post your videos to YouTube and then copy and paste the code into the form. mix it up. Show others that you are an expert in your subject.
Once you have a little bit of content added, start promoting. Submit your RSS feeds to directories. Share your post on social sites. Comment on other blogs. When you comment on other blogs, site owners will be curious and come to your site.
What makes Blogger the best blogging platform?
- You will be provided with a custom domain name which is basically yourname.blogspot.com.
- It offers exclusive free hosting and the publishing features are taken care of by the site itself.
- If you are a beginner, then this free blogging site is definitely recommended for you, as it is explained with step by step process to use the graphical interface.
- Blogger’s targeted benefits are great. However, the customization features are not so easily available and there is a kind of limited edition graphics and themes for the same.
- Since it is relatively easy to use, there is only limited or no support services of any kind provided by the Site. However, you can search the web for any help you need when starting your blog.
One last thing: Back up your blog. On rare occasions, Google will remove blogs if they think they are spam, and even if your blog is not, Google has the final say.