“What is a blog post?” is a very common question almost every new bloggers ask. Allow me to explain what a blog post means and how to create a perfect and organized blog post structure that will help your blog to rank better.
What is the most important part of your blog?
Your blog content. Yes, that is the most important part of your blog. A blog post is the core of your blog content. Each time you publish an individual piece of content, you are publishing a blog post. In other words, every single entry of your blog content is a blog post. So, a blog post contains headlines, paragraphs, images, infographics, and videos, etc.
So what have we learned so far?
- What is a blog post
- What a blog post usually contains
Why Should You Structure Your Blog Post?
There was a time when people used to throw anything on the internet and hoped to get viewers. Those days are long gone. Now if you throw trash you will get the trash. Moreover, people don’t have enough time to read everything. They just skim through the content and only read what interests them. So, if you publish your blog post without considering the user experience then people will just come and leave. They may not find the answer they are looking for even if the answer is there.
So, how to solve this issue? Yes, by structuring your blog content you can easily solve this problem. Just with a little effort, you can easily structure your blog post in such a way that your viewers will easily find the important information they are looking for and you will have a greater chance to retain your visitors.
Benefits Of Structured Content
- Structured content is more readable and makes it easy for readers to find what they want.
- It provides a better user experience.
- It helps to retain viewers more easily.
- Structured content is easy to monetize.
- Structured content takes less effort to publish on multiple platforms.
Things To Consider Before Structuring Your Blog Post
- What is the intention of your blog post? Why are you writing it? Is your intention clear to you? How long do you want to make your blog post? Ask yourself these questions. It will help you to have a general idea of how to structure. Often we start to write our posts and keep writing randomly and end of the day, we find that we have written completely different content from our intended one. Especially new bloggers find this issue very frequently.
- Who is your targeted audience? What type of thing do they love to hear?
- Do you have the necessary images? Are those images reflect your content?
- Infographics increase the credibility of your blog post. Can you come up with a good infographic?
- Does your content require a video? Videos perform better especially when you are writing the “how-to” type of content.
How To Structure A Blog Post Perfectly
So far we have discussed the benefits. Now let us discuss how to structure our blog post. Before we start, let us see the parts of our blog post where we need to give some input.
- The Head Line
- Introduction to the topic
- Main Content
Now let us see the common type of blog posts. Because depending on our blog post type, our structuring style will change.
- Step by Step Guide
- Product or service review
- Case studies
- Personal Opinion
- “How to” or “What is” type informational posts
- Interviews etc
1. Work With Headline
A headline is the most important part of a blog post. Remember, people see the headline first and then decides whether to proceed with reading or not. For organic traffic, it becomes far more important. Because, when you search, do you click on every entry? No, you just click on the headline that seems related to what you are searching for or at least interesting. So to get a better ranking and for driving more organic traffic, optimizing your headline is important. It is a good idea to come up with 3-5 headlines and test which one works better.
There are 6 headline tags: h1,h2,h3,h4,h5 and h6. It’s better to put the main title tag as h1 or h2 in your blog post. Then gradually implementing the other headline tags as you see fit.
2. Come Up With A Proper Introduction
Many of us start writing without even thinking about where to start and without considering the relevance of the title. This is a bad practice. It’s always better to form a proper introductory paragraph so that our readers can understand what to expect from this blog post. A proper introductory paragraph motivates the readers to read further. So it is wise to make it as much interesting as possible.
Don’t just try to put part of everything in the introductory paragraph. Try to keep it short, precise, and at the same time interesting.
3. Work With The Main Content Part
- Divide the content into small paragraphs. Dividing the content into small paragraphs increases the readability of the content. If necessary put headlines and subheads depending on topic parts. It is a good idea to use lists.
- Put your call to action in a prominent place according to the flow of your content. Remember, putting the call to action in any arbitrary area will decrease your lead generation. So use a powerful call to action button in the right place of your content.
- Use informative and engaging paragraphs.
- If Possible plain and simple English if your blog language is English.
- It’s better to use appealing images and infographics as much as possible.
- Don’t just try to show that you know everything. If possible put external links and put proper validation of your data and analysis. It will increase readers’ trust. Remember, losing the reader’s trust is the last thing you want to happen to your blog.
- Using videos on how o type of posts helps a lot
The conclusion is a very important part of a blog though we often forget to put a proper conclusion at the end of our blog post. Don’t just end your blog post without a proper conclusion. A conclusion is the wrap-up part of your blog. So, if you have already placed relevant supporting evidence in the main part of the blog then in the conclusion part you can easily establish your opinion. So, it is wise to put another call to action in the conclusion part. There are many important things you can do to increase your viewers. Like: putting related internal links to your other blog posts. So that people can find related information and you will get more viewers to those blog posts.
You can make the conclusion part more effective by placing some new ideas or information on your upcoming blog posts. Like:
It is hard to put all information in a single blog post. So, if you are interested in optimizing the blog headline, then please comment. I would write a post on
“How ot Optimize Blog Headlines and Rank Better in 2020”
Now, if your readers are interested then they will comment and you will get some loyal viewers even before you publish your next blog post.
You should remember that each type of post requires different structuring procedures. The steps I have shown above works commonly. So you may need to tweak a few things when you structure your post. Don’t publish your post without proper revision and editing.